Why do we want to share these social media marketing statistics with you? Well, social media is more important than ever in 2020. Social media trends are continuously changing, with new features popping up in the space of time it takes to write a tweet.
How people behave on social media often changes with the tools and features on offer. What was once a buzzing social media platform is now just a drop in the ocean, as the new “big thing” takes over.
Remember when Instagram stories were just a cool thing, now they are the norm, and people probably use them more than they post on their grid.
I bet people don’t write on your Facebook wall now either – maybe if it’s your birthday, but that trend has long gone.
It’s super important for marketers to understand the social media market in order to keep up to date with the latest trends and social media marketing statistics.
If you feel inspired by these statistics or want to grow your digital brand with social media, let our Gloucester based social media marketing team help you. Prices start from just £99 per month. Contact us today for a FREE personal quote.
General Social Media Marketing Statistics
- In 2019 there were more than 3.5 billion social media users, equating to around 45% of the entire population (Emarsys)
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform in America with over 68% of U.S. adults using the platform (Pewinternet)
- Of all social media users, 90.4% are Millenials, 77.5% are Generation X, and 48.2% are Baby Boomers (eMarketer)
- On average, people spend 3 hours per day on social networks (GlobalWebIndex)
- 77% of marketers agree social media marketing is somewhat or very effective (Buffer)
- 54% of people using social media for browsing purposes also use social media to research products (GlobalWebIndex)
- 71% of consumers who report a positive experience with a brand or company on social media are more likely to recommend them to a friend or family member (LyfeMarketing)
- 49% of consumers will take an Influencer’s recommendation on a product (FourCommunications)
- Daily active Instagram stories increased from 150 million in 2017 to 500 million in 2019 (Statista)
- 91% of social media users access social media via their mobile devices (LyfeMarketing)
- As of April 2020, there are 1.734 billion daily active Facebook users worldwide (Statista)
- Facebook is the most used social channels by marketers offering the highest ROI (Hubspot)
- Facebook is the third-most visited website worldwide (Hootsuite)
- In a month, the average Facebook user will see 10 posts, click on 8 ads, and make 4 comments (SlideShare)
- The average organic reach for a Facebook post is 5.5% (Hootsuite)
- There are over 1.3 billion accounts on Twitter (BusinessInsider)
- There are more than 500 million tweets created each day (Twitter)
- 24% of male internet users use Twitter (Pew Research)
- In the U.K., there are around 16 million Twitter users (Statista)
- 80% of Twitter users are considered affluent millennials (Twitter)
- There are more than 1 billion Instagram users active each month (Instagram)
- There are 25 million businesses on Instagram (Instagram)
- 56.3% of Instagram users are female and 43.7% are male (Napolean Cat)
- 30% of Instagram audiences worldwide were aged 18 to 24 years (Statista)
- 55.4% of Influencers use Instagram Stories for their sponsored campaigns (eMarketer)